Diploma of Leadership and Management
The BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgment in planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Who will get the Advantage from the Diploma of Leadership and Management?
Earning a diploma of leadership and management is a fantastic strategy to advance your current career, particularly when they develop work related knowledge and capabilities. Regardless of the industry, you are working in, a Diploma of Leadership and Management can be a certain way to strengthen your skillset with your existing career. It is really an incredibly flexible qualification containing the potential to open doors to a variety of job options in most industries.
If you’re accountable for important business objectives, both being a person or the leader of your group, the Diploma of Leadership and Management will be the certification to suit your needs. It’s been created for those experts who must use specialized management and managing knowledge and skills. And enables them to effectively leveraging their skilled expertise. It is also designed to allow you to use creative and conceptual skills, communicate ideas and reply appropriately to complex issues.
There are no academic pre-requsites to this course.
All students must be aged 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission to the Academy (all students).
A student’s selection for enrolment into our courses is dependent on Oscar Academy enrolment staff approval. This approval is based on whether or not your previous qualifications and academic performance meet the selection criteria during the pre-training assessment interview. This occurs prior to the confirmation of enrolment at Oscar Academy.
Mode of Delivery
Face to Face Classroom
Suite 1.09 & 1.10, 425 Docklands Drive, Docklands VIC 3008
Participants need to complete eight (8) units of competency:
- 3 Core Units
- 5 elective units
English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements:
Prior to enrolment, a student must provide satisfactory evidence of their level of literacy and numeracy skills in order to be considered for course enrolment.
Students are required to successfully complete a test their LLN skills by completing an appropriate level LLN test.
Learners who do not possess basic computing skills will be referred to take basic computer skills course before the commencement of the course.
Applicants should have basic computer and MS Office skills (MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and have access to personal computer.
After achieving the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management, graduates are able to enrol into the BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management with Oscar Academy.
Assessment is structured throughout the course. If students are unable to achieve competency, additional support is provided through mentoring and access to re-assessment as outline in our policies and procedures.
Assessment requires achievement across all tasks to demonstrate competence and includes:
- Written Questions and Answers
- Projects/Case Studies
- Practical Demonstrations/Observations
The total duration for this course is 1200 hours (52 weeks, including holidays) which includes:
- 800 hours of the study load as face to face learning and assessment activities plus 400 hours of self paced study and assessment out of class (approximately 800 learning and 400 hours assessment hours)
- The students are excepted to attend 20 hrs face to face learning per academic week.
Students with prior learning and work experience can apply for RPL. Students who have completed corresponding units of competency and/or units contained within the packaging rules can apply for Credit Transfer. RPL evidence must include some of the following:
- Work experience
- Life experience
- Previous study
- Professional development programs
- If you wish to apply for RPL or Credit Transfer, please notify Oscar Academy staff at the time of enrolment.
Participants completing the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management have employment opportunities in the following roles
- Business Manager
- Team leader
- Senior Supervisor
Important Information – Student Handbook, Policies and Procedures, Fees and Charges
Information about our training and assessment, policies and procedures are included in the student handbook and should be read by the student, prior to enrolment into the course in addition to the Student Prospectus which is also located at oscaracademy.edu.au. These documents contain important information about your training course, fees and charges including our refund policy.
Application Fee: $250 (Non refundable) Tuition Fee: $10,500 Material Fee: $750 Total Fees: $11,500
- Oscar Academy will not accept payment of more than $ 1500 from any individual student prior to the commencement of their course or at any given time.
- Further fee / charges information can be found in student handbook or by contacting the Oscar Academy administration office on 1300 567 227,
- Tuition fees and other compulsory costs (equipment, uniforms etc.) may change from year to year. However students continuing in their current qualification will not incur any fee increases
- Material Fees includes but not restricted to books, Tutorials and course documents.
|Weeks||Unit Details||Contact Hours||Self Paced Hours||Assessment Due|
|1-5||BSBHRM611 Contribute to organisational performance development||100||50||Week 1|
|6-10||BSBLDR601 Lead and manage organisational change||100||50||Week 10|
|11-12||Two Week Break|
|13-17||BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans||100||50||Week 1|
|18-22||BSBSTR801 Lead innovative thinking and practice||100||50||Week 10|
|25-29||BSBHRM613 Contribute to the development of learning and development strategies||100||50||Week 1|
|30-34||BSBLED802 Lead strategic transformation||100||50||Week 10|
|35-36||Two Week Break|
|37-41||TAELED803 Implement improved learning practice||100||50||Week 1|
|42-46||BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving||100||50||Week 10|
|47-52 Six Week Break||1040||400|
|Total Contact Hours||Total Hours: 1200|
Students are required to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) prior to commencing their course. The USI provides students with the ability to obtain a complete record of their Vocational Education and Training records from a single online source. Oscar Academy will not issue a Certificate or Statement of Attainment to a student who does not have a USI unless they fall under the USI exemptions. You can obtain a USI from www.usi.gov.au or Oscar Academy can obtain it on your behalf once you complete and Application for USI which will be provided to you with your enrolment form. If you are an offshore international student studying outside of Australia then you are exempt from having a Unique Student Identifier: www.usi.gov.au/pages/exemptions.aspx
Student needs are declared by the applicant at the time of enrolment: the application form allows the applicant to self-declare where they have learning disabilities.
- Every student is interviewed either face-to-face or over the telephone to attempt to establish the applicant skill and knowledge levels, their current employment and how that relates to the course content and interaction.
- Where language, literacy and numeracy are in question Oscar Academy has a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment they may undertake to confirm their level of language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Reasonable adjustments to training and assessment will be made and additional support (e.g. LLN, assistive technology, additional training, alternative delivery and assessment modes and methods) provided where students with physical attributes or specific learning needs are identified as requiring these changes to complete their training and assessment.
- Refer to the College policy and procedure manual for further details of identifying and supporting client learner needs.