Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
The BSB60420 Advanced of Leadership and Management qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply specialised knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters.
They use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources and transfer their knowledge to others, and creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
Mode of Delivery
Face to Face Classroom
Delivery LocationSuite 1.09 & 1.10, 425 Docklands Drive, Docklands VIC 3008
There are no academic pre-requsites to this course.
All students must be aged 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission to the Academy (all students).
A students selection for enrolment into our courses is dependent on Oscar Academy enrolment staff approval. This approval is based on whether or not your previous qualifications and academic performance meet the selection criteria during the pre-training assessment interview. This occurs prior to the confirmation of enrolment at Oscar Academy.
English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements:
- Prior to enrolment, a student must provide satisfactory evidence of their level of literacy and numeracy skills in order to be considered for course enrolment.
- Students are required to successfully complete a test their LLN skills by completing an appropriate level LLN test.
- If learners do not meet the English and LLN requirements, learners will be asked to take further Language, literacy and numeracy training e.g. Foundation skill programs.
- Learners who do not possess basic computing skills will be referred to take basic computer skills course before the commencement of the course.
Applicants should have basic computer and MS Office skills (MS Word, Excel and Power point) and have access to personal computer .
After achieving the BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management, graduates are able to enrol into the BSB61015 - Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management with Oscar Academy.
- Participants completing the BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management have employment opportunities in the following roles
- Senior Business Manager
- Departmental Manager
- Senior Supervisor
The total duration for this course is 1800 hours (76 weeks, including holidays) which includes:
•1200 hours of the study load as face to face learning and assessment activities plus 600 hours of self paced study and assessment out of class (approximately 1200 learning and 600 hours assessment hours),
The students are excepted to attend 20 hrs face to face learning per academic week.
RPL / Credit Transfer
Students with prior learning and work experience can apply for RPL. Students who have completed corresponding units of competency and/or units contained within the packaging rules can apply for Credit Transfer. RPL evidence must include some of the following:
- Work experience
- Life experience
- Previous study
- Professional development programs
- If you wish to apply for RPL or Credit Transfer, please notify Oscar Academy staff at the time of enrolment.
Application Fee: $250 (Non refundable) Tuition Fee: $10,500 Material Fee: $750 Total Fees: $11,500
Oscar Academy will not accept payment of more than $ 1500 from any individual student prior to the commencement of their course or at any given time.
Further fee / charges information can be found in student handbook or by contacting the Oscar Academy administration office on 1300 567 227,
Tuition fees and other compulsory costs (equipment, uniforms etc.) may change from year to year. However students continuing in their current qualification will not incur any fee increases
Material Fees includes but not restricted to books, Tutorials and course documents
Assessment is structured throughout the course. If students are unable to achieve competency, additional support is provided through mentoring and access to re-assessment as outline in our policies and procedures.
Assessment requires achievement across all tasks to demonstrate competence and includes:
- Written Questions and Answers
- Projects/Case Studies
- Practical Demonstrations/Observations
Student Handbook, Policies and Procedures, Fees and Charges
Information about our training and assessment, policies and procedures are included in the student handbook and should be read by the student, prior to enrolment into the course in addition to the Student Prospectus which is also located at oscaracademy.edu.au. These documents contain important information about your training course, fees and charges including our refund policy.
Term One Unit Details
Non Contact Hours
BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
Term One Two week break
BSBLDR601 Lead and manage organisational change
BSBLDR602 Provide leadership across the organisation
Term Two Two week break
BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans
Term Three Two week break
BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
BSBHRM615 Contribute to the development of diversity and inclusion strategies
Term Four Six week Break
BSBHRM614 Contribute to strategic workforce planning
BSBHRM613 Contribute to the development of learning and development strategies
Term Five Two week break
BSBPMG633 Provide leadership for the program
BSBSTR801 Lead innovative thinking and practice
End of course Two Week Break
Total Hours: 1800
Students are required to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) prior to commencing their course. The USI provides students with the ability to obtain a complete record of their Vocational Education and Training records from a single online source. Oscar Academy will not issue a Certificate or Statement of Attainment to a student who does not have a USI unless they fall under the USI exemptions. You can obtain a USI from www.usi.gov.au or Oscar Academy can obtain it on your behalf once you complete and Application for USI which will be provided to you with your enrolment form. If you are an offshore international student studying outside of Australia then you are exempt from having a Unique Student Identifier: www.usi.gov.au/pages/exemptions.aspx
Student needs are declared by the applicant at the time of enrolment: the application form allows the applicant to self-declare where they have learning disabilities.
- Every student is interviewed either face-to-face or over the telephone to attempt to establish the applicant skill and knowledge levels, their current employment and how that relates to the course content and interaction.
- Where language, literacy and numeracy are in question Oscar Academy has a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment they may undertake to confirm their level of language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Reasonable adjustments to training and assessment will be made and additional support (e.g. LLN, assistive technology, additional training, alternative delivery and assessment modes and methods) provided where students with physical attributes or specific learning needs are identified as requiring these changes to complete their training and assessment.
- Refer to the College policy and procedure manual for further details of identifying and supporting client learner needs.