Yes. Feedback for this training program is collected through:
- Questionnaires managed by the Oscar Academy head office.
- Post Course Surveys with numerous questions relating to the course material and structure. These surveys will be anonymous and are available for both the trainer and Oscar Academy officials to view.
All feedback collected will be analyzed and actions will be taken in order to continue improving the services that are offered by Oscar Academy.
Oscar Academy aims to continuously improve it’s resources through ongoing industry consultation, feedback from students, and feedback from clients.
Oscar Academy is required to have :
- Qualified trainers and assessors to deliver training and assessment.
- Educational and support services to meet the needs of the student cohort/s undertaking the training and assessment.
- Learning resources to allow students to meet the requirements for each unit of competency.
- Facilities, whether physical or virtual and equipment to accommodate and support the number of students undertaking the training and assessment.
Oscar Academy training and assessment strategies and practices, including the amount of training provided, are consistent with the requirements of training packages courses. The training will enable each student to meet the requirements for each unit of competency or module that they are enrolled in.
If you are completing this course, please download your student agreement to ensure that you are aware of your rights and obligations.
Flexibility is available when designing the assessment approaches for an individual learning needs. However, all changes need to adhere to the assessment requirements that have been set out in the relevant training package or VET accredited course. Whilst adjustments are able to be made in regards to evidence gathering methods the evidence criteria which relates to whether an individual is competent or not competent will not be altered in any way.
If an individual meets the essential entry requirements then Oscar Academy will make ‘reasonable adjustments’ to the coursework completion process. This may include changes such as adjusting the physical environment, the students learning materials or the way that the theory test is completed.
Modifying educational premises. For example, making ramps, In most instances, individuals with a disability will be able to communicate with Oscar Academy in regards to what they need in order to be able to study. When necessary, Oscar Academy will seek advice from government departments or organizations that represent or provide services to people with a disability.
The adjustments that may be made include:
- Ensuring classes and toilets are accessible to the student with a disability.
- Modifying or providing equipment that allows for easy task completion. For example, lowering lab benches, enlarging computer screens, providing specific computer software or an audio loop system.
- Allowing for reasonable changes to be made to the assessment procedure. For example, allowing for alternative examination methods such as oral exams, or allowing additional time for someone else to write an exam for a person with a disability.
- Changing course delivery; providing study notes or research materials in different formats or providing a sign language interpreter for a person who is hearing impaired.
Please keep in mind that some training packages such as first aid training are unable to modified in any way as there are mandatory skills that need to be executed by the student e.g the student will be required to complete two minutes of CPR on a manikin on the floor. No reasonable adjustment will be available for this qualification.
The course is able to be delivered through partnership arrangements with registered trainers. The course fee will be paid directly to the partner organization. Oscar Academy partners will need to meet the minimum resource and facility requirements. Course fees are able to be communicated prior to enrolment.
If a student is under the age of 18 then it is a requirement that parental/guardian consent is obtained to allow the student to participate in this course. This consent is a able to be provided by filling out this form.
When completing vocational education in Australia, it is a requirement that a student both obtains and supplies a USI number to the college that they are choosing to obtain a qualification from. The USI is obtainable from www.usi.gov.au if it is not supplied and verified from this website then a certificate is unable to be issued to you.
During the enrolment, the student will be given the opportunity to provide information based on their language, literacy and numeracy skills. This is the time where the individual will be able to provide details regarding any special needs or support requirements.
Assistance is available from our Oscar Academy support team by phoning 1300 567 227. We pride ourselves on providing equitable access to all required education and support services in order for all students to have a chance at enroling into their course of choosing regardless of their study type of location.
A student is able to organize to meet their trainers for one on one assistance once sessions are over for additional support as well. This can be done face-face or through phone contact.
When enrolling into the course, the student has the opportunity to upload evidence such as previous certificates and qualifications. Based on this evidence, the course to be undertaken may be able to be modified based on an individual’s previous knowledge.
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) has developed informative resources that will guide you when making a decision about the course that you would like to enroll into. Oscar Academy recommends that you check out the following resource prior to enroling.
It is important to identify students that are confident in their capabilities and are only returning for re-certification. During the enrolment process, a refresher student is able to supply evidence which in turn will be assessed by Oscar Academy. Students who are successful in this assessment will be able to complete an optional pre-course study to refresh their knowledge and then complete a face-face training session with a trainer.
Recertification/ refresher training is important for competency confirmation. This training will allow the individual to refresh their memory regarding their previously acquire knowledge and in turn maintain their standard of performance.